New Delhi : The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) released the Centralized Public Grievance Redressal and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) monthly report for October, 2023, which provides a detailed analysis of types and categories of public grievances and the nature of disposal. This is the 18th report on Central Ministries/Departments published by DARPG.
The Central Secretariat recorded lowest-ever pendency in grievances and appeals in October 2023. The progress for October, 2023 indicates 1,23,491 Grievances Redressed by Central Ministries/Departments. The Average Grievance Disposal Time in the Central Ministries/Departments in the year 2023, from January to October is 19 days. These reports are part of the 10-step CPGRAMS reforms process which was adopted by DARPG for improving quality of disposal and reducing the time lines.
In October, 2023, the BSNL Feedback Call Centre collected 100815 feedbacks, which is the highest number of feedbacks collected since its inception in July, 2022. Out of the total feedbacks collected, ~38% citizens expressed satisfaction with the resolution provided to their respective grievances.
In the same report, it was submitted that the Common Service Centres has started organizing CSC-CPGRAMS Grievance Day on 20th of every month from October, 2023 for increasing outreach of CPGRAMS through the CSC. It was also informed that DARPG has signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Microsoft on 16th October, 2023 as part of a larger project to collaborate on data sharing.
The following are the Key Highlights of the DARPG’s monthly CPGRAMS report for October, 2023 for Central Ministries/ Departments:
- PG Cases:
- In October, 2023, 113323 PG cases were received on the CPGRAMS portal, 123491 PG cases were redressed and there exists a pendency of 57211 PG cases, as of 31st October, 2023
- The pendency in the Central Secretariat has decreased from 66835 PG cases at the end of September, 2023 to 57211 PG cases at the end of October, 2023
- PG Appeals:
- In October, 2023, 23561 appeals were received and 27696 appeals were disposed. The Central Secretariat has a pendency of 20123 PG Appeals at the end of October, 2023
- The pendency of appeals in the Central Secretariat has decreased from 24258 appeals at the end of September, 2023 to 20123 appeals at the end of October, 2023
- Grievance Redressal Assessment and Index (GRAI) – August, 2023
- Department of Justice and Department of Food and Public Distribution are the top performers in the Grievance Redressal Assessment & Index within the Group A for October, 2023
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Department of Legal Affairs are the top performers in the Grievance Redressal Assessment & Index within the Group B for October, 2023